Thursday, January 13, 2005

artistic ramblings

Our relation to mystery – is this in a way a form of ignorance

Are artists doing the same things as scientists or not

The future of life? –wilson

Playing the form of a plant/ animal

For instance

Organic form –visual representation of organic forms –Heckel

Idealising –our perception of nature

Over expressing genres

Not sure about this forum. These people ware somewhat strange – I like the speakers but I feel somewhat embarrassed by the discussions – for instance – art/science so what.
I want to discuss alarming Dr Frankenstein scenarios. I like the critical art ensembles work but sense that discussion has to centre of debate – thought it might be about the human’s position in the universe – that isn’t outside of nature but more a part of nature – even in a destructive nature – it is as human as plague of locusts – or as some bacteria or disease or fungus – an ecological imbalance
Some kind of yuck factor – feel the event sad and slightly misguided – feel slightly cheated of my stimulation – wonder what forms off communication or interaction are going on. I

- I like this sense of perverted/ against nature/ yucky –unsettling
- I like this debate – what might make it interesting – situationalist artist

I like the story of the life Cycle – of the frog parasite

Born inside water snails mature and enter legs of tadpoles – disrupting their growth so that they get eaten by a bird – in the birds stomach they reproduce

Life cycle as narrative

Symbiotica

Tca.uwa.edu.au [curiously this is an Australian link –ed]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home